OG 9-5 MY99 P0743 replacing AT solenoids

9-5 tuli tonnarin seuraajaksi syksyllä 1997.
Vastaa Viestiin
merla
"Kaasari"

OG 9-5 MY99 P0743 replacing AT solenoids

Viesti Kirjoittaja merla »

Hi,

First of all, apologies for using English.
I am having an error code P0743 on my Saab 9-5 2.3t MY99. Checked the Lock-up solenoid from TCM side and it has no resistance.

Based on other forums, the valve body cover can be removed, solenoids can be replaced and by applying anaerobic sealant and fill it up with ATF it might be better than ever. I used to do many fixes myself on my Saab, but for this one probably do not have the right tools and place.

The car runs fine, except the CEL is always on (no other errors) and there is definitely no lock-up occuring in 3rd & 4th speed.

My question: any recommendations where could it be performed nearby Helsinki? I have already ordered one lock-up and 2 shift solenoids for the AW50-42 L. I would need somebody who has some experience with this... or thinks that could be done.

Thanks,
Laszlo
merla
"Kaasari"

Re: OG 9-5 MY99 P0743 replacing AT solenoids

Hi, just a quick follow-up: this error has been fixed by replacing the solenoids.

Fortunately the AT does not have to be removed, only the "front" part. After replacing all solenoids - why not to do it all when the cover is down anyways - it is better than ever before. CEL has disappeared and never came back.
Finn
"Ruisku"

Viesti Kirjoittaja Finn »

Did you do the job yourself or did you choose to let a shop do it?

May I ask what was the cost in the ballpark?
2003 9-5 estate 2.0t automatic
merla
"Kaasari"

It was done by a Saab mechanician outside of Finland, as part of a complex servicing package (breaks, DI panel, whatever), so I cannot really tell about costs. However, I can ask how much time does it require and then it can probably be calculated (AT oil has to be replaced too of course).
Vastaa Viestiin