DeatschWerks 200 fuel pump

9-5 tuli tonnarin seuraajaksi syksyllä 1997.
positiv
"Tuplakaasari"

DeatschWerks 200 fuel pump

Viesti Kirjoittaja positiv »

Hi.

My name is Bent. And I come from, and stay in Oslo. I have a MY00 9-5 Aero. And am now going to buy me a Dw200 fuel pump. But as I understand you guys here in Finland have a lot of bad experience with DeatschWerks pumps. So if you can share with me what the issue you have with that pump. Thanks. :)

The car was fully painted last year.

Kuva

Dashboard is from an MY08. Seats from an MY06. And the rest of the interior is from a MY07.

Kuva

Kuva

http://forum.saabturboclub.com/showthre ... e-Prosjekt

http://www.saabcentral.com/forums/showt ... p?t=496593

Regards
Bent
Viimeksi muokannut positiv, Su Maalis 19, 2017 11:53. Yhteensä muokattu 7 kertaa.
Coltti
"Hölösuu"

Re: DeatschWerks 200 fuel pump

Viesti Kirjoittaja Coltti »

Hey Bent!

Here is a topic about broken down dw200s, which are reported to this forum:
http://foorumi.saabclub.fi/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=128379

Total amount of pumps bought is around 400-500pcs, so percentage of failure is not that much.

Just use Google Chrome and translate with that topic and you get the idea :)
Eero Tiainen #2185 O4O7481428
Autokorjaamo- ja rengasliike, Saab Service Center ET-AutoTech
1.9TiD Saabien ohjelmointi ja egr tulppaus alk. 445€.
T7 & T8 JC softat alk. 250€. SID/ACC pikselikorjaus alk. 80€. Ilmastointihuollot.
positiv
"Tuplakaasari"

Hi Coltti.

Thanks for your respond. And yes I will go true that tread with google chrome translate. That's also how I understand this forum. :)
positiv
"Tuplakaasari"

This is the respond I got from DeatschWerks.

Bent,

Thank you for contacting us. As far as the pump fitting the 9-5 goes, I cannot guarantee fitment 100% but you’re right as far as the universal kit being your best option. It would still be a good idea to compare your pump to the dimensions in the line drawing in the link below.

http://www.deatschwerks.com/resources/f ... -pump-tech

As for the thread you sent me, our pumps are 100% E85 compatible and unless walbro has made some big changes to their 255 pumps they are not E85 compatible. Ours are NOT copies of the walbros. Our internal design is completely different, we use a composite turbine style impeller which is why they run so quietly and also maintain better flow at higher pressures compared to the walbros. When it comes to our warranty, it is a true 3-year no-fault warranty. If you’re having an issue or even suspect that something is wrong just CONTACT US (because it’s impossible for us to know there’s a problem if you don’t) and we’ll do our best to remedy the situation as quickly as possible. In most cases we will ship a new pump before we even receive the old one (this is usually just here in the states because it logistically works better that way) and for international customers we usually have a DW authorized dealer in your area that can exchange it for you if necessary. In most cases the warranty claims we get in end up not being an issue with our product at all and of the ones that are actually product failures most of those by far are caused by improper installation or poor fuel system maintenance. If a fuel tank is full of debris and it can clog a fuel sock and choke a pump out (regardless of brand) and ruin it pretty quickly. Some competitor warranties do seem to be useless if you go read the fine print but that is not the case with ours. Lastly, all the seals we use are made of high quality Viton.

My apologies for the rant.

Thank you
James
jyyrä
"Hölösuu"

Viesti Kirjoittaja jyyrä »

http://www.roadmachine.fi/aeroflow/fuel.html AF49-1040 I have use that fuel pump about 10month and it works great, and i use only E85.
Mercedes-Benz B Electric Drive 2015
Saab 9-3 Aero SC TTID 2008, 230Hv 480Nm Turbotec
Saab 9-3 Turbo jubilee 2002
positiv
"Tuplakaasari"

I will look in to it, jyyrä. And thanks for your response. :)
positiv
"Tuplakaasari"

Have look at the pump, jyyrä. And it have 325LPH. And if I use a pump like this. Then I have to do something with the tuning program from Maptun. Or is that wrong? The engine I have is from an MY03 Aero B235R. And I have tuned it up to 290 hp and 440 nm.
vesa67
"Hölösuu"

Viesti Kirjoittaja vesa67 »

Nono. Fuel supply system works based on fuel pressure regulator. If you dont change your injectors it does not matter how big fuel pump you have because the regulator maintains a constant fuel pressure on the fuel rail and injector supply certain fixed max flow @ certain fuel pressure.

Btw, i have used and installed several standard Walbro 255lph pumps during last 2 yrs and they are stoll going strong with E85 only. Earlier i used Henko pumps and the max life for them with E85 seems to be around 100tkm of use. Some have died a lot earlier.
So it's not that black and white.
9000 CS 2.3tA -97 T5 RE85, 9-5 Aero -04 BP, 9-3 SC Vector Tids -07, Opel Ampera -12, Hyundai Kona 64 kWh MY20.5 Style

E85 ja Biopower ohjelmoinnit T5/T7/T8 koneille, TECH2 operoinnit
positiv
"Tuplakaasari"

Thank you for your informative feedback, vesa67. Nice to get some different eksperience from you guys.

And yes I know there is not black and white when it`s come to different pump. :)
Termos
"Hölösuu"
Viesti:

Viesti Kirjoittaja Termos »

AEM 50-1200 is a good choice too.
I am one of those whose DW200 broke in a year when using E85.

Both of these pumps (DW and AEM) need some work to get fitted into a standard fuel pump assembly. This is because the diameter of those pumps is about 2 mm wider than Saab original pumps'.
2009 9-5 Griffin biopower JC Stage 1 Tämmöinen tummanharmaa
2006 9-5 Aero biopower JC Stage 3-. Tämmöinen punainen
1998 9-5 2.3t Maptun Stage 4. Tämmöinen sininen
positiv
"Tuplakaasari"

E85 is not an issue here in Norway. Because we do not sell it. And with all pumps it depend how you drive. Some drive like they have stolen the car and others have a more relaxed driving behavior. And I think am more or less in the last category. :)

Anyway I have make up my mine and order me a DW200 pump. And yes I know there is have to be done some adjustment to the pump housing. I also have a link for it.

http://www.saablink.net/forum/performan ... 2489-3.htm

So do I like to thank you all for share your experience regarding fuel pumps. Thanks. :)

Vilpittömästi
Bent
Audiojack
"Viggen"
Viesti:

Viesti Kirjoittaja Audiojack »

The fuel pump will basically pump the same way regardless of your driving style.
positiv
"Tuplakaasari"

So if you have a standard engine with 150 hp. And have a normal driving style. Or you have a tuned car to 300 hp and drive hard. This will not effect the fuel pump any way?
Termos
"Hölösuu"
Viesti:

Viesti Kirjoittaja Termos »

Yes, it surely will! Pump must be able to produce basic fuel pressure (3 bar is the original fuel pressure) PLUS car's actual boost pressure.
(150 hp car: 3 bar + 0,7 bar boost = 3,7 bar. Tuned car, for example: 3 bar + 1,4 bar boost = 4,4 bar. My 285Hp/450Nm -06 Aero: 4 bar regulator + 1,3 bar boost = pain to my AEM pump :mrgreen: )

Also, the pump must be capable of maintaining sufficient gasoline flow on high pressure.
2009 9-5 Griffin biopower JC Stage 1 Tämmöinen tummanharmaa
2006 9-5 Aero biopower JC Stage 3-. Tämmöinen punainen
1998 9-5 2.3t Maptun Stage 4. Tämmöinen sininen
Audiojack
"Viggen"
Viesti:

Viesti Kirjoittaja Audiojack »

positiv kirjoitti:So if you have a standard engine with 150 hp. And have a normal driving style. Or you have a tuned car to 300 hp and drive hard. This will not effect the fuel pump any way?
There's a huge difference between 150hp and 300hp. I was only talking about how you drive and this statement:
And with all pumps it depend how you drive. Some drive like they have stolen the car and others have a more relaxed driving behavior.
Vastaa Viestiin