Open sid and engine question.

9-5 tuli tonnarin seuraajaksi syksyllä 1997.
positiv
"Tuplakaasari"

Re: Open sid and engine question.

Viesti Kirjoittaja positiv »

I check the oil pin now. And yes the engine use oil. Have drive around 70 km since I full up oil. And is now 1/4 down on the pin. I bought a new amm just before my last engine broke down. So the originale amm is more or less new.
positiv
"Tuplakaasari"

No response here about my last subject. But its ok. Got a lot of answer from Sweden and Usa.

But thanks anyway. :saab:

Regards
Bent
jooseppi78
"Viggen"

Viesti Kirjoittaja jooseppi78 »

There is something wrong with the engine/turbo of it uses about .25 litres oil in 70km. Did I understand right that you had rebuild engine? Are there any leaks?
"Hevoseton" mies on huoleton mies
matsson
"Ruisku"

Viesti Kirjoittaja matsson »

You could describe your problem more. Just posting a video and asking if the values are ok does not give a good starting point. What are the symptoms ? Rough idle ?

Is this your current engine on the page 20 ?
http://forum.saabturboclub.com/showthre ... ekt/page20

At least the timing seems to be off by one tooth... That could cause the problems you are experiencing ?

Anyway... after browsing through your project at saabturboclub I have to say you've done awesome job. Really cool - inside and outside 8)
I hope you get your engine running well.
Ex:Saab 9-5 2.3T -07
Ex:Saab 9-3 2.0t -99
positiv
"Tuplakaasari"

jooseppi78 kirjoitti:There is something wrong with the engine/turbo of it uses about .25 litres oil in 70km. Did I understand right that you had rebuild engine? Are there any leaks?
No is not 25l Is more some dl. :) And now there is no leak. Only oil you can see is on the oil pin.
Audiojack
"Viggen"
Viesti:

Viesti Kirjoittaja Audiojack »

positiv kirjoitti:
jooseppi78 kirjoitti:There is something wrong with the engine/turbo of it uses about .25 litres oil in 70km. Did I understand right that you had rebuild engine? Are there any leaks?
No is not 25l Is more some dl. :) And now there is no leak. Only oil you can see is on the oil pin.
.25 liters is 2.5dl.
positiv
"Tuplakaasari"

matsson kirjoitti:You could describe your problem more. Just posting a video and asking if the values are ok does not give a good starting point. What are the symptoms ? Rough idle ?

Is this your current engine on the page 20 ?
http://forum.saabturboclub.com/showthre ... ekt/page20

At least the timing seems to be off by one tooth... That could cause the problems you are experiencing ?

Anyway... after browsing through your project at saabturboclub I have to say you've done awesome job. Really cool - inside and outside 8)
I hope you get your engine running well.

It is not so easy to ask proper, Matsson. When I have no experience when is come to this issue. But the symptoms is that the engine hesitation on full throttle. In third gear and upwards. from around 4000 rpm. As I know that can be a air leak. Or maybe the gap size on the spak plugs. Or something else. The engine runs perfect on normal driving and full throttle on first and second gear.

And yes that is the engine I use now. But I handel the tooth problem later on.

Kuva

And the spark plugs is white after only driving around 50km on them. So the engine most go to lean. But why I do not know. And I took a compression test some days ago. And all four sylinder was more or less the same. It was up to 170 psi. But I bought this engine as an 03 Aero. So the tuning from Maptun is done for that engine. But maybe I got a 2.0t Since the compression on that engine shall have 174 psi 14 bar and 2.3t 203 psi 16 bar. Have to check that out by measure slaglengden. Who shall be 78 mm on the 2.0t and 90 mm on 2.3t

And thank you. Glad you like what I have done to my car. :)
Viimeksi muokannut positiv, Ti Huhti 11, 2017 21:23. Yhteensä muokattu 1 kertaa.
positiv
"Tuplakaasari"

Audiojack kirjoitti:
positiv kirjoitti:
.25 liters is 2.5dl.
Sorry did not think about that . But thanks :)
jooseppi78
"Viggen"

Sorry about being a douchebag and setting a trap with that point25 litres :mrgreen: :oops:
Can you check the fuel pressure or has it been checked? Because, someone correct me if I am wrong, isn't the torque limited on 1. and 2. gears even on manual gearbox cars? And if you think it's running lean plus hesitating on 3. and bigger gears. Is it surely having enough fuel?
positiv
"Tuplakaasari"

jooseppi78 kirjoitti:Sorry about being a douchebag and setting a trap with that point25 litres :mrgreen: :oops:
Can you check the fuel pressure or has it been checked? Because, someone correct me if I am wrong, isn't the torque limited on 1. and 2. gears even on manual gearbox cars? And if you think it's running lean plus hesitating on 3. and bigger gears. Is it surely having enough fuel?

No problem dude. :) What I did check today. Was if I got a Aero engine. Or a 2.0t. Since the compression was only up to 170 psi. And for 2.3t is it 203 psi. But I have 90 mm slaglengde/stroke and that is for an 2.3t. 2.0t have 78 mm. So that was good. :) But the engine has not been running for at least two years. So I think I need to use it some. And then take a compression test again. When it come to the fuel pressure. I have send a mail to Maptun, and waiting for them to respond about there tuning program I use. Steg 3. Also after the easter, will some I know use tech when the problem is there. And then we will see what he find out.

Then I install the gear knob today.

Kuva
jooseppi78
"Viggen"

I was wondering that does the engine get enough fuel on 3. 4. and 5. gear. Because if the torque is limited on first two gears then the engine may get enough fuel on first two, but on third and upper gears it does not get enough fuel?
positiv
"Tuplakaasari"

I will look in to that. First I wait for respond from Maptun. And then I will see what they have to say. If the program is ok. Then I take a fuel pressure test, if everything is ok with the tuning. Have new 3-5 btr.

But when I check out the spark plugs. All of them had 1.0 mm gap. But it should be 1.1 mm. Will that have any effect? Use BCPR7ES-11
Audiojack
"Viggen"
Viesti:

I'm starting to feel that it's something to do with your injectors. Which injectors are you using and do you have any knowledge of their condition?
positiv
"Tuplakaasari"

I use the originale injectors. And the seller told me that the engine was running with no problem before I bought it. I bought the engine from Bildemo in Uppsala, Sweden.
Audiojack
"Viggen"
Viesti:

So it's possible that the injectors are faulty or don't flow enough to begin with. I think you should get them flow tested or test the car with another set of injectors.
Vastaa Viestiin