saab 9-5 2007 xenon light system

9-5 tuli tonnarin seuraajaksi syksyllä 1997.
Vastaa Viestiin
forsh
"Kaasari"

saab 9-5 2007 xenon light system

Viesti Kirjoittaja forsh »

few days ago i hit a bum in the road and the next day i got a orange warning light on the dashboard

its the xenon light warning system,i check the lights and they are bright as normal ,i even took the headlights out after taking the front bumper off and check all that was there

i checked the leveling sensor on the front and it looks cleanish and looks intact

is there a "take battery off and reset dashboard" on saabs or is there something im missing

i hear the headlight motor on the passenger side adjusting and i can see both lights are at the same level

does anyone have any more info or had this problem
mienkoiv
"Hölösuu"

Re: saab 9-5 2007 xenon light system

Viesti Kirjoittaja mienkoiv »

forsh kirjoitti:few days ago i hit a bum in the road and the next day i got a orange warning light on the dashboard

its the xenon light warning system,i check the lights and they are bright as normal ,i even took the headlights out after taking the front bumper off and check all that was there

i checked the leveling sensor on the front and it looks cleanish and looks intact

is there a "take battery off and reset dashboard" on saabs or is there something im missing

i hear the headlight motor on the passenger side adjusting and i can see both lights are at the same level

does anyone have any more info or had this problem
try good old fashioned "power off-problem solved" -method
take battery's minus-cable off for ten minutes...

or unplug fuse #17...
Saab 9-5 Aero Hirsch -06 305hv/400Nm

9000T&95SE
Matalapaineturbo

Viesti Kirjoittaja 9000T&95SE »

forsh kirjoitti:few days ago i hit a bum in the road and the next day i got a orange warning light on the dashboard

You have checked the front sensor but check also the rear level sensor. http://saabworld.net/f29/load-angle-sen ... -5-a-1981/
9-5 Aero 2,3TA -07
9-5 SE 2,0tA -98
timpetti
"Hölösuu"

Viesti Kirjoittaja timpetti »

9000T&95SE kirjoitti:

You have checked the front sensor but check also the rear level sensor. http://saabworld.net/f29/load-angle-sen ... -5-a-1981/
Was about to suggest the same too, often people think that there is only one leveling sensor in the car..
2009 9³SC Vector 2.0T A6 XWD (KA)
2005 9³CV Aero 2.0T (HA)
1990 9000CC 2.0T A (MR)
1988B 9000CC 2.0T Red Box (PR)
1975 99L 2.0 A (HA)
forsh
"Kaasari"

ok been a while,but i checked both sensors,they seem clean,the wires look clean ,there isnt anything that looks wrong or broken

i took the battery off for 30 mins,put it back on and still the light is here

will the car fail the inspection if the light is on the dashboard

i know in uk it wont fail the inspection there as the lights dip down to stop blinding people

how do i know which sensor to replace if it is the sensor

also both the parking lights ,the little wedge type lights have blown ,would this be the problem,i dont think it is,but this is the first saab ive owned

chris
forsh
"Kaasari"

bump
karg
"Hölösuu"
Viesti:

Viesti Kirjoittaja karg »

You most likely need to visit some Tech2 guy to get information for the fault if resetting didn't help.
Vastaa Viestiin